DTE of IT Services team at University of Haripur (UOH) provides students, faculty and staff with technology resources that support the University's mission of providing education, conducting research, and advancing engagement. We aim to provide central technology support across both the academic and administrative domains of the University and work to unify the various information technology visions across campus into one.
DTE of IT Services works in partnership with the staff located within UOH and administrative divisions. We aim to provide central technology support across both the academic and administrative domains of the University and work to unify the various information technology visions across campus into one.
- Encourage active learning by students and faculty through instruction, study, research, creativity, outreach and engagement.
- Provide support for a variety of instructional techniques.
- Make data and information readily accessible and useful for study and work.
- Provide trust (security, compliance, consistency, and integrity).
- Be robust and support organizational continuity. Have a coherent and consistent design and framework.
- Streamline and automate processes.
DTE of IT Services is comprised of Addl. Director, system administrator, network administrator, web engineer, two network technicians and a computer technician. One of the biggest achievements of Datacenter team is to discourage the outsourcing, while deployment of IT infrastructure inside university premises. In this regard DTE of IT service team has worked from very basic like terminating a small network connector up to very complex development like Linux firewalls and virtualization technologies.
DTE of IT Services Endeavors
- Deployment of DMZ
- DMZ comprised of Several Networks facilitating 2000 network nodes
- Smart University project. Everyone at UOH is equipped with internet over Wi-Fi.
- Virtualization Technologies
- Cisco IOS Technologies
- Multiple University blocks in separated networks using VLANs.
- Linux environment enforced for DMZ security.
- Access control system and bio-metric attendance, Video Conferencing System, IP camera surveillance system.
- Outsourcing is discouraged.
- R&D enforced in the deployment of LAN, WAN WLAN, IP Surveillance, video Conferencing setup, firewalls & virtualization technologies.
- Facility to download software’s through Web services with 1Gbps speed.
- Professional dynamic website of UOH.
- Online Admission System.
- Online Jobs & Careers Portal System.
- Online Results.
- Online Journals (Journal of Islamic & Religious Studies, Journal of Management & Journal of Educational Research).
- Online Alumni Portal.
- Monitoring System.
- Facilitating different administrative sections of UOH to be automated through IT.
- Interaction with students.
- Workshops are carried out for IT students.
- Hands on IT training for employees.
- Internship opportunity in professional environment.
- Students are involved in R&D.