Social Work Program - Regulations
The University of Haripur Social Work Rules & Regulations for Undergraduate Students.
- Social Work Project: An activity(s) designed/planed for implementation in a specific area to be done by the Social Work Group.
- Social Work Group: The group of students for a social work project under the supervision of a Group Leader.
- Group Leader: A faculty member/Teacher who supervise the Social Work Group during the project activities.
- Social Work Coordinator: A faculty member/Teacher who will coordinate all the guidelines & progress among the group leaders, Head of Institution/Chairman/HOD and Officer In-Charge, Social Work.
- Officer In-Charge: A faculty member appointed by the Competent Authority of the University of Haripur to hold the office of the Social Work.
- Social Work Report: A complete report of the activities carried out in social work project, prepared by the Social Work Coordinators.
Whereas it is expedient to consolidate the instructions relating to Social work and to streamline the system an integral part of the academic programs of the University of Haripur, the following policies are prescribed:
- These Rules & Regulations may be called “The University of Haripur Social Work Rules & Regulations”
- These Rules & Regulations shall be applicable to all regular students on the rolls of Constituent, Affiliated Colleges/Teaching Department/ Institutions of the University of Haripur preparing students for the 1st degree examinations.
- No regular students shall be admitted to the 1st degree examination or awarded the first degree of the university unless he has performed the social work under an approved project.
- A total of four weeks (80 working hours) Social Work is mandatory for the students enrolled in B.S (4 years) degree program.
- A total of two weeks (48 working hours) of Social Work is mandatory for the students enrolled in B.A/B.Sc B.Th & B.Com (2 years) degree program.
- If the Social Work Project is of such a nature that it needs to be spread over a longer period, the duration may be extended by the Head of the
Institution/Chairman/HOD in consultation with the Officer In-charge of Social Work of the University in advance.
- These Rules & Regulations will also be applicable to such other classes or categories of students as may be brought within the purview of these Rules & Regulations by a notification approved by the Vice Chancellor and issued before the beginning of an academic session suitably prescribing the duration or the minimum hours such work.
- All the social work activities will be regularly monitored during the project execution as well as after the completion of the project.
Procedures/Mechanism and Guidelines
- Social Work projects will be proposed by the University Officer In-charge of Social Work either on his own initiative or on the recommendation of the Heads of Institutions/ Departments/Colleges concerned and will be notified by the end of the January in each session with the approval of the Vice Chancellor. Provided that changes in the notified program may be made by the University Officer In-charge, if the occasion so demands.
- Social Work Project will aim at promoting the dignity of labor, alleviating suffering, help for the needy, the spread of Scientific ideas and techniques, promotion of health and hygiene, rural works programs , social education, participation in the construction of roads, laying of parks and play grounds, plantations and anti pest operation or relief work during pestilence, epidemic, fire or other natural calamities, civil defense, relief work in under privileged areas and segments of population or such other activities as may be approved by the Vice Chancellor.
- Social Work Projects will duly respects the religious beliefs, norms, values and cultural sensibilities of the community proposed to be served.
- The Social Work projects will be in the charge of a Social Work Coordinator, in each Institution/ Department/College who will be helped by the requisite number of group leaders.
- The head of the Institution/ Department/ College will appoint Social Work Coordinator and group leaders in February of each season and duly announce their lists to the Officer In-charge in the University by 15thFebruary each year.
- The Social Work Coordinator and group leader will maintain a regular record of hours of work of each student.
- A complete social work report in all aspects of all the social work groups will be submitted to the officer In-charge within 10 days after the completion of the Social Work Project/Activities endorsed by the head of the Institution/Department/College.
- The social work report of B.A/B.Sc/B.Com shall be submitted before the submission of student’s examination admission forms to the Controller of Examinations.
- A group will consist of maximum of 30 to 40 students and one group leader cannot lead more than one group.
- The amount required & schedule of the social work project/activities of the Department/Institution/ college should be sent to the officer In-charge in University in stipulated time i.e. 15th January of each year. So that the visits/inspections of the Department/Institution/ college may be arranged, when and where needed.
- After completion of the required social work (4 weeks and 2 weeks) the HoD / Principal concerned shall send the list of such students to the officer In-charge in University. The officer in-charge of social work will issue the social work completion certificates and send to the college/institution/department concerned.
Fund Generation, Utilization and its Disbursement
- The Social work fund shall be recovered from all the students admitted in BA/BSc/BCom (2 years) and BS (4 years) @ Rs.600/- per year/per semester respectively.
- The amount collected shall be deposited in a separate account maintained by treasurer of the UoH/account office of the concerned college.
- The deposited amount will be utilized by the social work groups on social work projects. This amount will be issued to the group leaders upon the recommendation of the Chairman/Head of Department concern.
- Each group leader will be responsible for the justification/accountability of the fund utilized by his concerned group.
- The proposed rate of remuneration payable to the group leaders / Teachers and for the purchase of materials/items/arrangements etc. of social work projects are adjusted as follow:
- Of the total submitted amount, Rs.350/- per student shall be returned by the University to the HoD/In-charge/Principal, Department/Institution/College concerned for the smooth unning of this program with the following instructions.
- Rs. 300/- per student shall be kept for the purchase of material/items and arrangements etc. (excluding the refreshment) of the proposed social work project.
- Rs. 40/- per students shall be kept for the group leaders and Rs.10/- per student for Social Work Coordinator, which will be paid to them on the completion of social work program.
- Without social work completion certificate no degree shall be issued by the controller of Examinations of the University of Haripur.
- The head of the Institution/department may allow a candidate for cogent reason to appear in an examination provisionally but the result of such a candidate will be withheld till the prescribed social work is carried out/performed and certified by the head of the Institution/Department/College.
- In case a student does not complete the prescribed hours of social work for the annual examination he may be allowed to reappear in the supplementary examination but only upon completion of the prescribed hours of work.
- Exemption up to 10 hours of work may be sanctioned by the heads of Institution/Department/College on grounds to be recorded with prior intimation to the officer In-charge.
- If a students on account of illness or some physical disability, is unable to perform the task prescribed for his Institute, the head of the Institute may at his own discretion, allot him some suitable task of sedentary nature under intimation to the University Officer In-charge of Social Work.
- Students migrating from sister Universities may be permitted to appear in the ensuing examination provisionally but their result will be declared on production of a certificate from the head of Institution/Department/College of having completed the prescribed social work, according to the approved subject.
- The record of Social Work shall be open to inspection by any Officer of the University so authorized by the Vice Chancellor.
- It shall be the special responsibility of the principal/chairman of the colleges department and heads of the institutes to enforce These Rules & Regulations effectively.
- The Vice Chancellor may appoint or remove the officer In-charge of social work in the university.
- The inspection committee for the affiliation of colleges or the inspection of colleges shall separately report on the adequacy of arrangements for social work in the college while submitting their reports.
- The officer In-charge social work will submit a consolidate report to the Academic Council each year and will be authorized to call for information data necessary for the compilation of his report from all constituent professional and affiliated institutions/ teaching departments.
- Other operational details or executive arrangements necessary to realize the objectives of These Rules & Regulations may be laid down time to time by the Vice Chancellor in the form of Rules & Regulations or standing instructions with powers to amend or alter them or finally interpret These Rules & Regulations or aforesaid Rules & Regulations and standing instructions. The verdict of the Vice Chancellor in all such cases shall be final.
- Social Work should normally be performed during summer vacant: however, the work may be performed at other seasons of the year advisable, subject to the consent of the University Officer In-charge of Social Work.
- If owing to late dates of university examinations the students of any institution are unable to perform their social work during summer vacation of the appropriate year, and if no alternative time appears to be suitable, the Vice Chancellor may in these cases, at his own discretion, grant exemption from part of the social work or from the whole of it.
- These Rules & Regulations applies to the compulsory social work program only, and have no bearing of any kind upon voluntary activities undertaken under the auspices of the University social work organization.