Quality Enhancement Cell
Quality Enhancement Cell at University of Haripur has been established on December 04, 2012 under the direction of HEC. The prime objective of the cell is to practice evaluative measures to achieve excellence in performance in all areas of quality education.Quality Enhancement Cell has developed and implemented Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) process specified by Higher education Commission. It is comprised of Self Assessment reports prepared by various departments of university. Other exercises like teachers evaluation along with the Student course evaluation has been carried out to meet Quality practices within the institution. External Quality Assurance (EQA) has also been successfully carried out like initiation of Accreditation process of various programs along with the implementation of QA practices in affiliated colleges. These practices help institution to realize its mission and to achieve its goal.
Vision & Mission Statements
“A Model Quality Assurance Setup” at the university with standardized procedures and practices in Higher education. Developing localized benchmark standards for quality assurance in all the educational provisions of the university and enhancing the same to the level where they may be compared with the international practices in higher education.
- Adhering to the "System of self Assessment" prescribed by Higher Education Commission and setting up a system of quality assurance objectively designed for all the stake holders of various programmes.
- Developing standard procedures for academic audit for the appraisal of the classroom situation.
- Safeguarding educational standards (e.g., it ensures that students awarded a degree in a particular subject have acquired a suitably comprehensive knowledge of that subject, and its related skills, at an appropriate level of sophistication).
- Promoting the continual enhancement of the quality of teaching, learning opportunities, and related student support services.
- Seeking collaboration in various fields of common interest with local and international bodies.
- Performance appraisal of faculty and administrative staff for maximum output.
- Taking measures for capacity building of faculty and supporting staff.
- The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) is to be headed by a Dean reporting directly to Vice Chancellor/Rector. He is to be the correspondent with the outside bodies.
- QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- QEC is responsible for the review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- QEC is responsible for the review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- QEC is responsible for defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from candidates.
- QEC is responsible to develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Master’s, M. Phil., and Doctoral.
- QEC is responsible to develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- QEC is responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- QEC is responsible to ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
QEC is responsible to develop procedures for the following
- Approval of new programs
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring, and student’s perception.
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
Quality assurance of Master’s, M. Phil. And Ph. D. degree programs
- Subject review
- Institutional assessment
- Program specifications
- Qualification framework