Guidelines for Manuscript
This is offered as a guide, not prescription.
- Brief introduction, stating context and purpose
- Critical summary of past findings to set the context
- Outline of what was done
- Outline of what was found, with comment and discussion integrated with the findings
- Final conclusions and feasible recommendations set in terms of potential relevance and benefit to learners.
- Margins: One inch on all sides except left side with 1.5 inch.
- Font Size and Type: 12-pt. Times New Roman.
- Line Spacing: 1.5 inch space throughout the paper, including the title page, abstract, body of the document, references, appendixes, footnotes, tables (if possible), and figures (if possible).
- Spacing after Punctuation: Space once after commas, colons, and semicolons within sentences.
- Paragraph Indentation: 5-7 spaces.
- Pagination: The page number appears one inch from the right edge of the paper on the first line of every page.
- Referencing: Sources cited appear in parentheses after each reference (direct or otherwise), giving author's name (unless mentioned in text), year of publication, and page number(s) in the case of direct quotes. Enclose quotes of 40 or fewer words in double quotation marks in the text; indent quotes longer than 40 words in block format; page numbers must be given. List all sources alphabetically at the end of the manuscript under the heading References using APA style.
- -Graphics: Mathematical symbols should be clearly marked. Number the tables and figures with Arabic numerals. Prepare tables using tabs without vertical lines; provide figures, charts, and diagrams in camera-ready form.